06 March 2006

BBC may charge overseas visitors


"Even if all the newspapers begin charging once again people will just turn to other sources like the BBC for news and insight"

Having stated this in an article on newpapers charging for content only yesterday it appears as though I may have been a little hasty in my comments. The Guardian reported today that a senior executive at the BBC has said that the corporation could start making money from overseas vistitors to its websites. Well I guess I should have said that people will just turn to sources in their own country. It's about time all those free-loading foreigners who don't have to pay a licence fee pay to look at our BBC website stump up. Come on all you Daily Mail readers, back me up here?!

Here is the link to yesterday's article:
http://globalmediainsight.blogspot.com/2006/03/ft-free-for-week.html

No comments: